Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show: Habs Going Home!
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Flyers won the first round series against the Canadiens in six games. Joe recaps the series.
- In the midst of the series against the Flyers, there were two major incidents that took place in Game 5. Jesperi Kotkaniemi was ejected early in the 2nd period of that game for boarding Travis Sanheim. Later on, Matt Niskanen cross-checked Brendan Gallagher in the face that went unpenalized. The Canadiens tweeted a closeup angle of the hit on Twitter to put pressure on the league to suspend Niskanen, especially with Gallagher suffering a broken jaw. But Alain Vigneault created controversy by questioning the severity of the injury.
- They Said What? Marc Bergevin and Alain Vigneault comment on the Gallagher injury before Game 6. Reactions from Price, Weber, Hart, Vigneault and Muller after the series wrapped up. Price gives Muller credit for his job as interim head coach.
- Dale Hawerchuk passed away this week at the age of 57 after a battle with stomach cancer. Rick and Joe pay tribute to the legend.
Segment 2: Bergevin's End of Season Review
- Following the Canadiens being eliminated on Friday night, the Canadiens GM, Marc Bergevin, spoke with the media on Saturday. He talked about a wide range of topics including the experience this run gave to the Habs young players, an update on Gallagher's injury, Price and Weber's phenomenal play and much more! Rick and Joe react to his press conference.
- Chuck Fletcher gave credit to the Canadiens for their play in the Playoffs and shared a different view of this off-season than Marc Bergevin did.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Social media reactions.
- Listener's calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week