Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show: The Goaltending Episode
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens acquired goaltender Jake Allen and a 7th round pick in 2022 from St. Louis in exchange for 3rd and a 7th in the upcoming 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
- Christian Folin had surgery on his right knee to repair a meniscus injury.
- Former Habs defenceman Josh Gorges has been named the new director of player development for the West Kelowna Warriors of the BCHL.
- Canadiens sign Lukas Vejdemo to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Max Domi changed representation this week when he fired his former agent Pat Brisson and hired Darren Ferris.
- Guy Lafleur looking good at 3rd annual Jonathan Drouin golf tournament and spoke about how he's been feeling after some health scares and about the loss of Dale Hawerchuk.
- They Said What? - The Jake Allen edition. Quotes from Pierre LeBrun and Jamie McClennan on the acquisition for the Canadiens and from Allen himself on how he views this opportunity.
Segment 2: Bergevin has found his backup
- Rick and Joe give their thoughts on the trade between the Canadiens and Blues and whether or not Jake Allen will be able to bring enough consistency to provide the rest for Carey Price that both Marc Bergevin and Claude Julien have said is going to be integral to the success of the Habs.
- Rick speaks with special guest Michael Augello who shares his thoughts on the acquisition.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Social media reactions.
- Listener's calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week