This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Check out news Headlines posts every week day at AllHabs.net.
- Roster news - Brendan Gallagher and Sami Niku are one week into the COVID protocol. Ducharme said that they will not play on Tuesday in Pittsburgh. The will need time for conditioning. Ducharme: Among injured players, Joel Armia and Jeff Petry are closest to returning. Carey Price skated on his own in full gear this week. Forward Laurent Dauphin and defenseman Kale Clague made their Canadiens debuts against Tampa. Defenceman Mattias Norlinder was loaned to the Laval Rocket and defenceman Corey Schueneman was recalled from the Laval Rocket. Canadiens recalled Jesse Ylonen from the Laval Rocket; he played his first NHL game of the season on Thursday.
- Habs prospect report - Updates on the Laval Rocket. Montreal Canadiens and forward Arsen Khisamutdinov have mutually agreed to terminate his contract. The 23-year-old was placed on waivers. Khisamutdinov was a sixth-round pick (170th overall) in 2019. Be sure to read the content at AHL.report and check out The Press Zone - Montreal.
- Quotes of the week - Dominique Ducharme, Jake Evans.
- Hockey news and notes - Jim Rutherford was hired as the president of hockey operations and interim GM of the Vancouver Canucks. Bruce Boudreau picked up first three wins. Flyers fire Alain Vigneault and Michel Therrien. Mike Yeo takes over for the interim. Arizona Coyotes pay deliquent tax bills of $1.3M after city threatened lockout. Gary Bettman says that there are no issues and that the Coyotes are not leaving Arizona. Bettman: no franchises considering relocation and no new expansion plans. Bettman: NHL participation in 2022 Winter Olympics will be a players decision. NHL team values jump 32 percent in recent Forbes ranking.
Segment 2: BIG Topic - Cleaning House II
- The Canadiens new Executive Vice-President Jeff Gorton has a lot on his plate. Much of the conversation on social media has zeroed in on the selection of a new General Manager. But Gorton will also be involved in evaluating the coaching staff, improving player development, building out the analytics department and addressing issues with roster construction. The latter will be the focus of the discussion today with Michael Spinella. We each will present our top five list of players to make available at the trade deadline.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Canadiens upcoming events.
- Canadiens Connection Question of the Week.
- Listener's texts and emails.
Canadiens Connection on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with Amy Johnson (@FlyersRule) and Chris G (@ChrisHabs360). This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get the Canadiens Connection!
- Search for "Canadiens Connection" from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
- Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
- Pocket Casts
- Google Podcasts
Share the Canadiens Connection on social media. And we would be grateful for your 5-star rating for the podcast!