This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Check out news Headlines posts every week day at AllHabs.net.
- Roster news - The Canadiens have 24 players and two coaches on the NHL's COVID protocol list. Cam Hillis, Michael Pezzetta, Alex Belzile and Kale Clague are the most recent additions. Assistant coach Trevor Letowski and goaltending coach Eric Raymond are currently in the COVID-19 protocol as well. Cam Hillis made his NHL debut last Saturday in Florida vs Panthers. The NHL postponed the Canadiens' home game on January 15 against the Devils due to attendance restrictions bringing the number of January Habs home games postponed to six. The Canadiens and Rocket extended the pause of all activities through January 8th inclusively. Bob Edmundson, Joel's father, lost his battle with lung cancer on Friday. He was 61 years old.
- Habs prospect report - Hamilton Bulldogs acquired Habs prospect Arber Xhekaj from the Kitchener Rangers in exchange for Navrin Mutter and draft selections. London Knights defenceman Logan Mailloux played his first game on Friday after serving a 26-game suspension by the OHL. Be sure to read the content at AHL.report and check out The Press Zone - Montreal.
- Quotes of the week - The Canadiens appointed RDS sports reporter Chantal Machabee as Vice President, Communications.
- Hockey news and notes - The NHL and 20 of its teams (including the Montreal Canadiens) are suing 5 insurance companies for losses of $1 billion during the pandemic due to loss of revenue.
Segment 2: BIG Topic - The Untouchables
- One of the first challenges for the GM will be to accumulate assets, draft picks and prospects, by moving players from the organization. Who are the players who should be untouchable? Michael and Rick will discuss.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Canadiens upcoming events.
- Canadiens Connection Question of the Week.
- Listener's texts and emails.
Canadiens Connection on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with Amy Johnson (@FlyersRule) and Chris G (@ChrisHabs360). This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get the Canadiens Connection!
- Search for "Canadiens Connection" from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
- Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
- Pocket Casts
- Google Podcasts
Share the Canadiens Connection on social media. And we would be grateful for your 5-star rating for the podcast!