This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Check out news Headlines posts every week day at AllHabs.net.
- Roster news - Mike Hoffman, Artturi Lehkonen, and Laurent Dauphin have been added to the Canadiens COVID-19 list. They are following league protocols and are being monitored closely by team doctors. The team welcomed back Brendan Gallagher (COVID-19), Sami Niku (COVID-19) and Paul Byron (hip surgery) to practice on Sunday. The Canadiens recalled forwards Alex Belzile, Rafaël Harvey-Pinard, and Lukas Vejdemo from the Rocket before practice. On Monday the NHL announced that the Montreal Canadiens have paused all team activities, including games and practices, through December 26th. Canadiens are said to be reworking January schedule to play the majority of their games on the road to reduce lost revenue.
- Habs prospect report - Montreal Canadiens prospect Kaiden Guhle was named captain of Team Canada for the 2022 IIHF World Junior Championship. Jan Mysak was named captain for Team Czechia. Oliver Kapanen will play for Team Finland. Be sure to read the content at AHL.report and check out The Press Zone - Montreal.
- Quote of the week - Brendan Gallagher.
- Hockey news and notes - The NHL and NHLPA have agreed to suspend operations from Dec. 22-25. NHL has postponed 32 games this week bringing the total to 50 games postponed this season. Players will report back to their teams on Boxing Day. The NHL and NHLPA have agreed to not send players to the 2022 Olympic Games due to COVID-19 concerns. Hockey Canada announced it would not participate in this month's Spengler Cup.
Segment 2: BIG Topic - Christmas report card
- The Montreal Canadiens have completed 38 percent of their season, and with the COVID pause, we decided to get out the report cards and give each player a grade. Michael Spinella joins in for the holiday time assessment.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Canadiens upcoming events.
- Canadiens Connection Question of the Week.
- Listener's texts and emails.
Canadiens Connection on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with Amy Johnson (@FlyersRule) and Chris G (@ChrisHabs360). This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get the Canadiens Connection!
- Search for "Canadiens Connection" from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
- Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
- Pocket Casts
- Google Podcasts
Share the Canadiens Connection on social media. And we would be grateful for your 5-star rating for the podcast!