Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- [07:20] - The Laval Rocket made a pair of signings this week, signing defenceman Corey Schueneman and forward Samuel Vigneault to one-year AHL contracts for the 2020-21 season.
- [10:07] - The Canadiens have reached out to projected #1 overall pick, Alexis Lafrenière, after Phase 1 of the NHL Draft Lottery revealed the Canadiens have an opportunity to win the first overall pick and select Lafrenière.
- [12:01] - This past Monday marked four years since the Canadiens and Predators swapped P.K. Subban and Shea Weber.
- [14:46] - Mike Ribeiro gave his thoughts on the Subban-Weber trade, while also saying he would like to get into coaching.
- [18:38] - We heard from Canadiens' coach Claude Julien this week and he gave his thoughts on the return to play and more.
- [22:40] - Marc Bergevin also spoke this week, in an interview with RDS.
- [25:37] - Impact of Coronavirus: Edmonton and Toronto will be announced as Hub cities. NHL/NHLPA continue to discuss CBA extension, escrow, salary deferral and cap. NHL will return to Olympics in 2022 and 2026. No compliance buyouts. The St. Louis Blues close training camp due to positive tests. The Toronto Blue Jays return to Canada.
Segment 2: The Big Topic - NHL Draft Mock
- [37:44] - With Phase 1 of the Draft Lottery in the books, and the shock of a placeholder team winning the #1 overall pick having faded a little bit, Rick and Joe give their thoughts on how they see the Top 10 picks playing out in the 2020 NHL Draft. They also take a look at who the Canadiens might pick if they do not win the first overall pick and the right to draft Alexis Lafrenière. Who might be a nice consolation prize for the Montreal Canadiens?
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the 'pause'?
- Listener's calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” on Rocket Sports Radio and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform.