This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens opened their season Wednesday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs, losing 5-4 in overtime.
- Noah Juulsen was claimed on waivers earlier this week by the Florida Panthers. Meanwhile, all other Canadiens players who were put through waivers cleared.
- The Habs announced five members of their six player taxi squad, which includes Michael Frolik, Corey Perry, Ryan Poehling, Cale Fleury and Charlie Lindgren. Jake Evans was assigned to the taxi squad after the first game for cap reasons.
- Rick and Joe share their thoughts on the Habs opening night performance. Who impressed? Who disappointed? How did the newcomers perform? The guys give their thoughts on all of those questions.
- Player agent Jeff Jackson tweeted that the NHL doesn't do enough to protect star players.
- They Said What? - Alexander Romanov's first media availability.
- Hockey notes - 27 players test positive for the coronavirus as the season opens. The 2020-21 season is underway, what's different? NHL opened the season to record TV ratings.
Segment 2: To Dubois or not to Dubois?
- This week Columbus Blue Jackets head coach confirmed the reports that centre Pierre-Luc Dubois wants out of Columbus. This alone would be quite enough for Habs fans to start connecting the Quebec-born centre to the Canadiens, but Nick Kypreos poured some gasoline on the fire with his report that the Habs are Dubois' preferred destination. Blue Jackets ask is now focused around Nick Suzuki plus additional pieces, Alexander Romanov has been deemed untouchable.
- We take a look back to the 2016 NHL Draft, the roots of Marc Bergevin's interest in Pierre-Luc Dubois.
- Should the Canadiens trade Suzuki plus additional pieces for Dubois? Jesperi Kotkaniemi? Would Romanov be a better alternative for the Habs to deal?
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- All Habs Fantasy hockey draft.
- CC Question of the week: Would you make the trade with the Blue Jackets for Pierre -Luc Dubois if it meant sending Nick Suzuki to Columbus?
- Social media reactions
- Listener's calls and text
Canadiens Connection on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!