Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens terminated the contract of forward Alexandre Alain by mutual agreement.
- The Canadiens signed forward Corey Perry to a one-year contract worth $750,000. This comes a week after the Habs signed Michael Frolik to an identical contract.
- The roster for Canadiens training camp has been released, camp is set to open Sunday.
- World Junior Championship report - With group play having come to an end, Rick and Joe give their thoughts on the tournament and players who have stood out to them. They take a deeper look at the play of the three Canadiens prospects involved in the tournament, Kaiden Guhle, Cole Caufield and Jan Mysak.
- They Said What? - Michael Frolik and Corey Perry spoke to the media this week after the veteran forwards both signed one-year deals with the Canadiens.
- Hockey notes - AHL Board of Governors approve framework for season to begin on February 5th. The Washington Capitals signed Zdeno Chara to a one-year contract. Columbus Blue Jackets re-sign Pierre-Luc Dubois to 2-year contract. NHL will play two outdoor games in Lake Tahoe, Nevada in February, February 20: Colorado Avalanche vs Vegas Golden Knights and February 21: Boston Bruins vs Philadelphia Flyers. P.K. Subban and Lindsay Vonn break up after three years.
Segment 2: Joe's Big Bold Predictions
- With the season right around the corner, Joe provides five bold predictions for the Canadiens 2020-2021 season. After all the change we have seen this past off-season, what does Joe predict for the Canadiens this season?
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Social media reactions.
- Listener's calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including: